Monday, February 21, 2011

An Awesome Baptism

February 7, 2011


We had an AWESOME baptism this past weekend. It was a great way to start off February, and it was one of the most well attended baptismal services I have ever been to! There were about 60 people there! And Brian Medeiro, the guy who was baptized, invited lots of his friends to the service. It was really cool; He even got up in front and shared his testimony in the end. It was a very sweet experience. He is the nephew and grandson of some members in our ward. He was such a miracle. We had been looking very hard for investigators. He came to church with his aunt and grandma and we set a baptismal date with him the same day. Three weeks later he was baptized. He has fit in nicely with the growing Aaronic Priesthood quorum. He is 15. I sent you a few pictures. It was such an amazing experience. That was the biggest news from here in Uruguay. Well, changes have come as well. Elder Carlock is headed off to Florida! My old area of Piedra Alta! I’m so excited for him. The area is going great right now! All the families I left there are doing great, and I hear that they have received their first callings in the Church! He’s going to love it! My new companion is a new zone leader named Elder Luke. Changes are tomorrow, but I already know him. He came to Uruguay with my greenie Elder Delbar, and I was in the same zone with him for a couple of months. He’s a great guy. He’s a big Pacific Islander.





No comments:

Post a Comment