Friday, January 1, 2010

Wow, What an amazing Christmas!

Wow, What an amazing Christmas. This has been one of the most memorable Christmas’s I have ever had, or I think I will ever have. I felt so close to the Savior and why we celebrate the birth of Christ with so much enthusiasm. They LOVE the partying part here in Uruguay. We went tracting on Christmas Night, and people were OUT. It was pretty funny. We at least got to sing some Christmas Carols.

Well, I guess I’ll start off with Christmas Eve, or Noche Bueno. It was such an AWESOME day! I’ll admit it, I was a little discouraged if people were actually going to let us in or talk to them, but we decided to just go out and share the message of Christmas. We sang carols, shared scriptures of the first Christmas with investigators, less actives, and people we met. When we got back to our house after dinner with Bishop Profetti, the fireworks started. People LOVE to shoot off fireworks here. It was CRAZY! SO MUCH LIGHT! It was like and air raid or something. I grabbed my chair and me and my companion watched from our patio and a couple of our neighbors came by to wish us a Merry Christmas. It was so amazing. I felt so good having brought the spirit of Christmas to a few of my brothers and sisters. It’s amazing how the spirit of Christmas, even though the other parts are enjoyable and add to the fun of it all, really brings smiles and joy into the lives of others. And I felt the joy as well.

Christmas day was pretty much just opening up the AWESOME package you sent me, listening to Christmas Music, trying on the Snuggie, it fits perfectly by the way. One size fits all you know... reading my new Spanish bible and also enjoying all the love that was packaged up inside. Thank you so much everyone. I feel so loved and blessed. Sometimes too blessed. Don’t worry; I’m sharing all the treats with my companion. He loves his new tie by the way and says gracias. I got the blue one and he got the purple one. We LOVE them.

Well, I’m almost 20 years old. I don’t feel like it. I still sometimes feel like I’m a teenager and then I realize what I’m doing and who I’ve become. The Lord has really shaped me during these experiences I’ve had here. I’ve had to have a lot of patience with myself and the Lord. I feel like I’m starting to understand at least a little bit more and more how he works and how he expects us to grow and develop. He loves us so very much. When ever we find someone who for the life of them will not even let us shake their hand, I feel sad that they are rejecting this offering to understand this love a little bit more too. However, I can’t let myself get discouraged. There are other people out there who are ready, and some we’ve already found!

We saw a Christmas miracle this week, well post Christmas miracle. We have been teaching this remarkable woman. She is so receptive, and read what we left her over and over again. Her husband has started to listen and already wants to be baptized. I know that the Lord prepares people. We just have to be ready to listen and not give up. I’m so happy for them, and hope they will get sealed in the temple some day.

1 comment:

  1. Dude. I cannot believe I did not stalk Elder Boyce earlier and find this blog...I was wondering how he was doing! He's looking good :) And thanks a lot, Elder Boyce; 20 years is old??? I'll get you back for that :) I'm glad to see he's whole and well!

    - Emma Tan (just in case only he knows who I am; a very likely possibility)

    ReplyDelete