Sunday, December 20, 2009

Miracles in barrio (ward) Libia, estaca (stake) Maroñas.

December 15, 2009

The work is exploding here! We’ve found so many new people here, and the members are so willing to fellowship each and every one of them. Our Ward Mission Leader is such a stud too. Every week we meet with him once or twice with a few of the ward missionaries to coordinate what it is we need to do. They frequently visit the investgators and invite them to activities and call them. It’s soooooo nice to have the support of the members. It’s much easier to focus on improving other things. It’s a beautiful thing to watch one of our investigators, excuse me, brothers or sisters, anxiously engaged in a discussion with one of the members with bright faces and smiles. I LOVE THIS WARD!!!!

I’ve been thinking how strange it is too, how fast this year flew, mostly because I’m on my mission too I guess. I’m almost 20 years old too! GAH!! I’m so OLD!!!! Just kidding! I love this work so much. Although it gets really hard to focus once in a while and sometimes my feet hurt and such, and I just have a Laman and Lemuel attitude, I remember the testimony of Nephi. I receive strength and determination that aren’t my own, and we are tools in the hands of Heavenly Father to bring to pass miracles. It’s so awesome! Maybe some of these miracles wouldn’t mean much to others, but to a missionary with very little experience they mean everything. Whether it’s finding a family prepared to hear the gospel, a very open person on the street, or even just a very interesting spiritual insight during personal and companionship studies, the hand of the Lord is in this work. How else could kids go out and teach the world the truth of the Restored gospel?

No comments:

Post a Comment