Monday, January 10, 2011

En la lucha!

We’ve been working hard, and we had lots of conferences last week. I’ll admit it, sometimes I really love going, but it sometimes throws me off a bit.

We had a great start last week, and we have been finding lots of awesome people as always. The challenge is just helping them to progress and reaching the waters of baptism. Sometimes I feel like I’m just giving all I have and they just don’t quite reach it. But go on we must. My companion read me a few words of comfort from The Sons of Mosiah. They went through lots and lots of opposition, but they held firm and pushed forward. And as I have seen many times on the mission, the best times are just after the most intense moments of opposition. But really, we are doing great. I can’t complain. The Lord has blessed us immensely with people who are progressing as well. Well, I guess I just need to follow the prophet’s advice and just be more grateful.

We have found this cool family. We have been teaching the husband for a while, but now more and more of their family have started to listen. They even came to church together as a family. They aren’t married, but they have plans to do so. They are even friends of the bishop and a few of the other members!

It’s been interesting. As always, the mission brings its highs and lows, but one constant is that we just gotta do what the Lord wants and follow His Son. The baptisms will come.

I wanted to share an experience that I had this past week. At the beginning of the week, I just decided to trust in the Lord and love the people even more. It had an interesting effect on my work. It became even more of a joy to go out and just talk to everyone. The lessons became more focused and powerful and there was a sweet spirit. I know I’m not perfect. That’s why we REALLY have to rely on the Lord and do our part. I felt so happy. We were able to teach a lot of people. But then with the conferences and such, it kind of threw me off. I don’t know why, but it also renewed my determination to be more consistent and be an agent and not an object. It was interesting, and a testimony that if we decide to just have faith and work, the Lord blesses us with what we need.

I am REALLY looking forward to what’s in store for the coming week. I love this work so very much. It is not our work, it is His work. I testify of this. I love you all so very much. It sounds like all is going well at home. I’m really glad. Even though I look forward to seeing you all again soon, I hope it doesn’t feel like too soon. I still gotta do some things before that day comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment