Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Power of the Book of Mormon

December 7, 2009

Time is flying! I CAN`T believe I’ve almost been out 6 months. It really doesn’t feel like it. I love being out here! I know this might sound funny, but I’ve been having scary dreams of being at home, and all of a sudden realizing NO! I need to be on my mission! Why am I at home!!!! They’re kind of funny. Don’t worry. Of course I miss you guys and home every once and a while, especially right now during the Holidays, but I repeat... I DO NOT WANT TO COME HOME!

This past week was exceptionally busy. We had an interesting goal this week as a district to share our testimonies of the Book of Mormon each time we do a contact. It’s been interesting. Also, we have a mission rule to do at least 140 contacts every week. This coupled with the Book of Mormon have brought about many interesting experiences and spiritual insights. It’s amazing how many people you find who have actually never talked to missionaries (despite the fact that the children scream "HUEVOS" at you... (Eggs)) Or even more amazing how many people have never heard of or seen the Book of Mormon. Though at first it was kind of weird to start talking about the Book of Mormon so directly, we quickly found that our contacts became more meaningful and the people more personal. I love the Book of Mormon. It really is the best weapon in the missionary arsenal. I think there is a quote by Elder Wirthlin when he says that we should NOT underestimate the power of the Book of Mormon. Though I’m still studying the New Testament (I’m in Luke, perfect for Christmas :)) I think I’m going to try and read the Book of Mormon once every month fully. It really does have all the answers to the questions of our souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment